- Churches have become the center of learning and primary authority.
- 90 % of the people are employed in the service of lords and serfs and farmers.
- if you were born a peasant you would die a peasant
- boys were sold as slaves and girls were sold as maid servants mostly by their own families
- a long revolution would change these social orders
- their concept of equality was non existent
- the common people were serfs. The social triangle went up to a point at which the kind stood.
- early 11th century, inequality and depression were a part of the caste system.
- a nobles life was 6 times that of a peasants
- the word gentlemen came from the word gene meaning "well born". your class was in your genes.
- serfs had to work on lord's land. working breeding stock. a man was tied to the soil.
- if you tried to run away, you were punished.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010